Her beautiful talented mother (Lilian Joyce).
The place where she was born and grew up.
Copyright 2018 Studio Noodles
All rights reserved.
Lisa Jane is just absolutely crazy about scribbling, drawing, sketching, painting and everything else that is considered arty. She got her first sewing machine at the age of 6 and started developing her own film negatives and photographs from a self made dark room at home at 11.
A psychologist turned artist -(she actually graduated from one of the top univeristies in the UK). She is now utillising her knowledge and understanding of psychology to create works of art. Her children’s inspired artwork has received much attention lately. Her work is created in light of a child’s developmental process, drawing in on educational developments, intellectual developments, whilst nurturing and activating vital processes and faculties such as creativity and imagination.
Her work has been featured on House and Home, the famous Print and Pattern three times, Mollie Makes, as well as being featured in the MOYO magazine, and on Lilla Roger’s course Make Art That Sells, and Design Garden, to name a few.
She was born in beautiful Gower, Wales. But now lives in the BIG city in London.
She loves raw chocolate, kung fu and of course noodles.
10 Little things about Lisa
1) She is passionate about things organic, recycled and all things that are gentle and harmonious with the
2) She grew up around the corner from Dylan Thomas's house and grew up on the same street as a children's illustrator, a
famous painter, a pottery artist, and an art professor. That's is quite a lot of artists on one street.
3) She studied Karate and Kung fu and knows how to use the nun chucks.
She even planned to go to China to study Kung fu from a Shoalin Monk.
4) She actually studied psychology at Cardiff University but has always been sewing, developing her own
negative and photographs, knitting since 7 years old (although she is not that good at it, her brother is better at knitting
than her). And then there is the scribbling, painting and drawing that she has been doing
since, well since she was little. She even once drew a picture with a jam sandwich. That was one of the rare
times where her Mother was not pleased with her art.
5) Her pen is not used only to draw but also to write. She loves to write children's stories as well as draw
6) She has a stray cat which she looks after called Mr Butter Toast (because that is what he likes to eat). One
time he ran off with her chocolate muffin -and yes the muffin was organic.
7) When she was a little girl she used to go horse riding on the beach and Gower Peninsula. She dreams of
owning her own horse one day.
8) On her way home from school in the summer she used to take homeless dogs from the RSPCA animal shelter for a
9) She can play the piano
Her piano teacher was called Mr Bacon. He was super sweet and about 90 years old.
10) She is still a bit of a big kid. Although she doesn't slide down the stairs in her sleeping bag anymore.
(Please don't try this at home.)